Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Date For First Surgery

Hi Everyone,

Lauren got a call last week from Dr. Sonnenday's nurse and the surgery date for her first surgery is March 26th. This will be the surgery where he looks around laparascopically to make sure there are no tumors on other organs. If there are none, he will make an incision and cut out the tumors in her left side and cut off the blood supply to the right side of her liver. She is ready!!

We are so proud of Wo. She has been doing great on her "healthy lifestyle" change. She walks on the treadmill every day. I ride the exercise bike next to her and we watch dvds of Sex and the City. We started out for 15 min. the first week and now are on 20 min. It might not sound like a long time, but when you are doing it it seems like an eternity. We want to get up to 30-40 minutes each day. She is doing really well with the eating part too. She is reading labels and making smart decisions. She lost 8 pounds last week!! Her nutritionist gave her a pedometer to use and we are so surprised at how many steps she takes a day. Patti was nice enough to send me one in the mail and I love it.

There hasn't been much going on lately around here. Lauren and Gio had a wrestling party on Sunday. No, they don't wrestle!! They watch pay-per-view wrestling with their friends. We went to breakfast on Monday with our gal pals Debbie, Jill, Debbie, Chyrel, and Dawn. Always a fun time. Lauren is going out with Jill tonight for shopping and dinner. We are getting anxious for spring so we can go outside more. The treadmill started acting up yesterday, so we walked outside and it was so cold. The wind blew right through us. Mark came home yesterday and fixed it. It is pretty old and has seen a lot of miles. Mark's day off is today and he and Lauren went shopping. They wanted me to go but I took a pass because of my unlove for shopping.

I would like to wish my brother-in-law, Wayne, a Happy Birthday today!!! He is also a cancer survivor and all around great guy. We love you very much, Wayne! Thanks for continuing to support Lauren and pray she is able to have the surgeries. I will leave you with a few pics of Lauren and Gio being silly on their Mexico vacation. Until next time...

Love, -Pam










2 comments:

  1. Yay...a surgery date!!! That healthy lifestyle will help her recover so much faster!! I'm trying to do the treadmill myself...wish I was there to do it with you ladies.

    Happy posts are awesome!!! Love you ladies!!! :0)

    Love,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were here with us too!! Exercising is not fun, no matter how you look at it. But, it is a must! Thanks for the inspiring messages. I'm happy you are on the treadmill too! Way to go!! We love you too, Teresa!!!

    ReplyDelete