Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Family Minus One

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a bit, but I don't feel much has happened that is interesting. We had a nice visit from Sis and Bruce last weekend which was fun. They got here Friday evening and left Sunday evening. They hadn't been here for a long time, but we had seen them at my mom and dad's house since then. They brought me a beautiful hanging basket for Mother's Day and tickets to see Oprah in Michigan in September for my birthday present!! I was so excited. I love Oprah and it is a 2 day event, so Sis and I will have a great time.

We went to dinner Saturday night at Desert Inn. They serve Syrian food and it is delicious. Ryan and Stephanie also joined us, so the whole family was together. I sure wish Wo could have been there as well. We went back to our house and had german chocolate cake and strawberry pie!!

Ok, as if we hadn't eaten enough, we went to breakfast Sunday morning at Farmer Boy. My friend, Chyrel is the manager there and Kristen worked there when she was in high school. It was nice to see Chyrel and have some great food!

Mark and I are hanging in there taking things day by day. Some days are better than others. We really never know how we will feel. I'm just glad I have him to lean on when I am sad. I went to the doctor today and told him that I still am having some hard times and just want to feel happy. He suggested I increase the medication I am taking to see if that helps. He is so wonderful and caring and really listens to me.

As promised, here are some pics of Lauren's memorial garden:


Here is the spot for the garden. Mark removed a tree that had died here.
Figuring out the heart shape with a rope.
Mark digging the heart.
The tree is a weeping cherry tree. Weeping signifying that we are sad and Wo loved anything cherry flavored and anything with a cherry printed on it, appliqued on it or shaped like a cherry!! She even had cherry earrings!
Mark layed all the bricks and I planted the flowers. We both did the mulch. The angel was from my mom and dad.

 
The view we have when we sit on our glider. We have also added the lantern that the cemetery made us remove, so when we look out our bedroom window at night we can see the candle glowing.

It is almost the one year anniversary of Wo's death. I cannot believe it has been that long. I miss her so much and talk to her every day. I believe she sends me signs through the time. I can be doing something and out of nowhere look at the clock and it is almost always a time like 1:11, 2:22, etc. This happens every single day. When it does, I always smile and tell Wo that I love her. Mark and I still go to her grave every day and it never gets easier. Some days I cry and some days I don't. I touch her face on her stone and pretend to smooth her hair. I tell her I love her and miss her. When I pull away, I always wave goodbye to her. I am so glad we live so close to the cemetery. We will never move away from her.

I will leave you with a sweet picture of Wo. As a little girl, she always had a big smile on her face. I pray she is happy in heaven. Thank you for your continued support. Sometimes we feel so lonely, but your comments really help us. Love to all,

-Pam


Our sweet smiling little punkin.


1 comment:

  1. Awwww Pam I can feel your heart hurting just reading your words. The garden is amazing and will give you comfort. Just like going to her grave. Shocking it has been almost a year. I remember praying she woke up on my birthday. :(

    But I have faith that we will all be o.k. My favorite quote "In the end everything will be o.k. If it is not o.k....it is not the end!!!

    Love,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete