Thursday, July 31, 2014

Just Call Me Grandma

Hi Everyone,

It is still fairly quiet around here. Mark and I are working a lot. We are enjoying the summer weather. We have gone on a few bike rides, but mainly I enjoy sleeping!! We have our good days, but out of the blue a bad day smacks us in the face. I think this will be the norm for us for the rest of our lives. Mark had to have routine labs drawn the other day and while he was there, a code was called to come and resuscitate someone. All the emotions from when Wo was in the hospital came flooding back and he said he felt like he was having a panic attack. This kind of thing happens now and then and it hurts. Every day as I am going to the cemetery after work to say hi to Wo, I often think that it is not right that I have to visit my beautiful daughter in a cemetery. I should be going to her house and having dinner. Not talking to a stone with her name and picture on it.

On a lighter, happier note, Kristen and Bruce are going to be parents!! I am going to be a Grandma!!!We couldn't be happier to welcome a new baby to our family. Did I mention the baby is a precious girl!!! So very excited. I know this baby won't take away the pain of losing Wo, but she will add a new dimension of love that will fill our hearts.

I am excited for this weekend because the whole family is getting together on Sunday at my Mom and Dad's house. Our sweet, little great-niece will be there for the first time. We always have fun when we are all together.

We had to have our 13 year old dog, Frank, put to sleep last week. I hope he is keeping Wo company in heaven. We will miss his sweet face.


Frank in his younger days.
That is about it for now. I will probably only check in once a month or so from now on because I really don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. We are all just trying to live our lives and heal our hearts. Thanks so much for still caring.

Love,
-Pam

 

 The Pink family back in the day before Ryan. Kind of blurry and cut off. Sis and Wo are so precious.

1 comment:

  1. Pam,
    I’m so happy to hear you’re expecting a precious granddaughter! Kristen and Bruce will make wonderful parents and I hope Kristen is having a good pregnancy.
    I understand nothing will ever replace your beautiful Lauren and I wish more than anything she could share in this joy. She was a lovely, fun spirited, young woman who fought very bravely. You and your family stood by Lauren every step of her illness and made sure she received the best help possible. Most importantly she was loved dearly and that love will never fade.
    I keep you all my thoughts and prayers and wish you the best, thinking of you!
    Hugs,
    Cathy & Heather

    ReplyDelete