Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Night Update

Hi Everyone,

I finally broke down and went to Kristen and Bruce's to sleep. I have spent every night in the hospital with Lauren since May 15th. I was kind of forced to come here, but I know it is for my own good. Wo is in good hands with Gio watching her. Dr. Sonnenday was pleased with her progress today. They have reduced most of her meds and her vent was running at only 30% most of the day. She continued to open her eyes a lot today. She kind of stares off in the distance, but she opens her eyes when you talk to her. They gave her a new, bigger, comfier bed right before we left tonight. She has more room to be moved around in it. Poor girl has gained 70 pounds of fluid. She must be so uncomfortable. I learned today that she received 80 units of blood the other day when she crashed. She started moving her right shoulder right before we left this evening. I hope these are all good signs. Now we just need that liver to begin functioning like it should. She is still not out of the woods, but seems to make tiny strides each day. It broke our hearts to see her with her eyes open. She looked like she wanted us to help her, but we are helpless. We talk to her a lot and tell her everything will be ok and we love her. That's about it for today. I can think of a few more things, but I will tell you tomorrow because I am too tired. Love to all...

-Pam

2 comments:

  1. Pam,
    I’m glad you are getting some much deserved rest at Kristen’s place. Getting a good night’s sleep in a real bed will help put fresh perspective on things. Yea, it certainly sounds like Lauren is improving! I know she has a long road of healing ahead, but she is moving in the right direction.
    Praying for Lauren’s recovery.
    Hugs, Cathy and Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things moving in the right direction, Lauren getting better and you going to sleep away from hospital,in a real bed. Yeah and yeah! Lori

    ReplyDelete